EXECUTIVE TRANSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
It is with a mix of sadness and gratitude that the Board of Directors of Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation announces the resignation of our Executive Director, Freedom Kolb. As many of you are already aware, the Foundation recently collaborated with Hamilton Southeastern Schools in securing a $2.1 Million Lilly Endowment award to the district. Freedom led the district’s grant writing team. Her passion and expertise in the areas of student mental health, equity and inclusion, and grant administration have presented Freedom with a unique and exciting opportunity to continue to serve Hamilton Southeastern Schools.
Freedom has been a transformational leader for the Foundation. Under her stewardship, our Foundation has realized substantial growth and success, including:
- Ranked fourth in the nation in 2017 by the Caruther’s Institute for public education foundations of our size
- Increased fund development by 283% which resulted in influential educational projects like mindful schools, literacy kits, project lead the way efforts, outdoor learning labs, and more.
- Fostered growth and innovation in all of our hallmark events, including Giving Tuesday, Game Day, and Mudsock Game VIP Experience
- Launched and fully funded several new programs, including our SPARK Grant to provide time-sensitive grant support outside of our typical funding cycle and Time Capsule, a long term investment vehicle for each incoming class within the district
- Performed numerous infrastructure upgrades, including transitioning to an online scholarship and grant submission platform benefiting students, faculty and donors alike.
- Honed our 501(c)(3) best practices, including substantially growing our reserve fund and engaging in ongoing strategic and succession planning
- Supported district educators through countless grant writing and professional development opportunities, including the Lilly Endowment grant
We have activated our succession plan and are currently seeking applicants to serve as our dynamic new Executive Director. We ask that all of you, who are so important to our work, help us share the attached position announcement and recommend candidates who are passionate about our local schools, educators, and students. Thank you for your continued support of the Foundation and its mission!
Shelley M. Jackson
President, Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation Board of Directors
Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation seeks a dynamic Executive Director to lead the organization in our mission to enhance educational opportunities, inspire excellence and engage the community to foster a legacy of achievement. The Executive Director will rally community support of public education specifically focusing on the 21 Hamilton Southeastern Schools. Candidates should be comfortable advancing not for profit organizations including experience with operations, board development, strategic planning, fund development, and program services. Ideal candidates will have at least five years in demonstrated non-profit leadership experience.
Interested candidates should share our vision of a unified community committed to the advancement of exemplary public schools as well as the following values:
STUDENTS: Every student deserves an excellent public education.
EDUCATORS: Well-supported professional educators are essential for a high-quality, innovative school system.
COMMUNITY: Diverse perspectives strengthen community support for exemplary public education.
FOUNDATION: High-quality public schools are the foundation of a strong local economy and thriving community.
A complete position description is available here. To apply candidates should forward a cover letter, resumé, and references to email@example.com. Review of resumés will begin on December 4, 2017. Position open and applications encouraged until filled.
For more information about Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation, please visit www.hsefoundation.org