Since its inception in 2001, the Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation (HSSF) has served the Hamilton Southeastern Schools community by providing classroom, school and district grants annually. The Foundation’s goal is to promote a unified community committed to benefit every student, in every grade, in every school throughout HSE with a focus on enhancing educational opportunities, inspiring excellence and engaging the community to foster a legacy of achievement.
Grant awards historically honor exemplary and innovative teaching. HSSF seeks the best new ideas in education in any number of disciplines including, but not limited to; STEM, literacy, social justice, mental health, equity, fitness, civics education, special education and physical space. This year, HSSF funding supported projects positively impacting classrooms, school, and district initiatives.
This year HSSF embarked on something new; with board and advisory council members, donors, student board members and staff conducting the HSSF Grant Patrol on Thursday, November 21 to surprise HSE staff in their classrooms and buildings. HSSF was honored to award more than 30 exceptional grants during our fall grant cycle:
- 18 HSE locations are receiving awards (Elementary: 10, Intermediate/Junior High: 12, High School: 6, Academy: 1, District: 2)
- Grant themes: Virtual Reality, Mindfulness, Social Emotional Learning, Connecting cultures, and Innovation in STEM
HSSF is proud to partner with local organizations, businesses and private donors to leverage additional support for our schools. The Foundation would like to recognize and thank these generous donors who helped us extend our reach throughout the district:
- Bailey & Wood Mortgage & Re/Max Complete
- Church Church Hittle + Antrim
- Comprehensive Student Success Fund
- Fishers Tri Kappa
- Geist Half Marathon
- HSE Trustees Legacy Fund & Zimmerman Moeller Fund (student selected)
- Schwarz Family Foundation
- Scientech Club Foundation
For a full listing of grant recipients and projects CLICK HERE.