Food for Thought Community Fund
Food for Thought Community Fund: Addressing a broad set of food insecurity needs within HSE Schools.
Established in 2021, the Food for Thought Community Fund was created thanks to a generous donation by a local community member who is dedicated to supporting food insecurity needs for students and families within HSE Schools. Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation and Fishers Youth Assistance Program partnered together on ways to best support food insecurity needs for local families.
Food for Thought Community Fund supports:
- Food pantries housed within HSE Schools
- Outstanding lunch account balances for low to middle income families in need
- Community food pantries serving HSE students and families
- Snack Attack program, led by Fishers Youth Assistance, which currently serves 435 students
- Summer Meals Program, led by Fishers Youth Assistance, which served 757 students in 2021
- Courier/Transportation needs for food delivery
- Transportation/storage assistance for HSEF Turnover Hunger food drive
TURNOVER HUNGER 2021
September 7-10, 2021
In past years, Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation has facilitated PastaBowl, a food drive where local students donated pasta that was distributed to local food pantries the same week as the Mudsock football game. This year, partnering with Fishers Youth Assistance Program, HSEF is excited to announce the new Turnover Hunger program.
From September 7-10, HSE students can bring in food donations to help stock local food pantries and assist with local programs that support food insecurity. There will be collection bins ready for donations at each school location!
- Grades PreK-4: boxed oatmeal or mac and cheese cups
- Grades 5-8: granola bars, peanut butter crackers or cheese crackers
- Grades 9-12: boxes of pasta
To make a financial donation to Food For Thought Community Fund, please select it from the dropdown and complete the form below:
Food for Thought is made possible through support by local community partners including: