Food for Thought Community Fund
Food for Thought Community Fund: Addressing a broad set of food insecurity needs within HSE Schools.
Established in 2021, the Food for Thought Community Fund was created thanks to a generous donation by a local community member who is dedicated to supporting food insecurity needs for students and families within HSE Schools. Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation and Fishers Youth Assistance Program partnered together on ways to best support food insecurity needs for local families.
Food for Thought Community Fund supports:
- Food pantries housed within HSE Schools
- Outstanding lunch account balances for low to middle income families in need
- Community food pantries serving HSE students and families
- Snack Attack program, led by Fishers Youth Assistance, which currently serves nearly 500 students
- Summer Meals Program, led by Fishers Youth Assistance, which served 757 students in 2021
- Courier/Transportation needs for food delivery
- Transportation/storage assistance for HSEF Turnover Hunger food drive
- Turnover Hunger 2022 collected 30,702 snack items
TURNOVER HUNGER 2023
September 5-8, 2023
In past years, Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation has facilitated PastaBowl, a food drive where local students donated pasta that was distributed to local food pantries the same week as the Mudsock football game. In 2021, HSEF partnered with Fishers Youth Assistance Program to support the Turnover Hunger program. Our HSE Schools community collected 30,702 snack items during Turnover Hunger 2022!
We are excited to continue Turnover Hunger this year. From September 5-8, HSE students can bring in food donations to help stock local food pantries and assist with local programs that support food insecurity. There will be collection bins ready for donations at each school location!
- Grades PreK-4: boxed oatmeal or boxed fruit snacks
- Grades 5-8: granola bars or Belvita bars
- Grades 9-12: Ramen noodles or mac and cheese cups
To make a financial donation to Food For Thought Community Fund, please select it from the dropdown and complete the form below:
Food for Thought is made possible through support by local community partners including: