Game Day Bourbon Raffle Rules 2023
Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation
Rules and restrictions set for the Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation 2023 Bourbon Raffle.
BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
1. Sponsor. Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation (“HSEF”) is the sponsor of The “Bourbon” Raffle (the “Raffle”). HSEF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The purpose of the Raffle is to raise funds for the operation of Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation and for the related mission of HSEF.
2. Raffle Overview. The Raffle begins on January 27, 2023, and ends on February 17, 2023, or when tickets are sold-out, whichever occurs first.
3. Eligibility. Any person 21 years of age or older, residing where the Raffle is not prohibited, may purchase a ticket (“Ticket”) to be entered in the Raffle (such person shall be herein known as the “Ticket Holder”). An affidavit of eligibility may be required from Ticket Holders who win a prize. HSEF staff members, Game Day Bourbon Committee members and their immediate family members (in this instance known as spouses and children) are prohibited from purchasing Tickets.
4. Rules. By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder accepts and agrees to be bound by all the rules, limitations, conditions, and restrictions set forth herein (the “Rules”), as well as all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. HSEF’s decisions in all matters concerning the Raffle and its interpretation and application of the Rules shall be final. Please contact HSEF if you have questions regarding the Rules or the Raffle. The Raffle is void where prohibited by law.
5. Releases. By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder releases HSEF, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all liability with respect to the Raffle, including, but not limited to, the selection process and the interpretation and application of the Rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and each Ticket Holder agrees to indemnify and hold HSEF harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. Each Ticket Holder agrees that his/her name, likeness, and any statements made by him/her regarding the prize may be used by HSEF for advertising or publicity purposes in social media, print publications, on websites and in other media without compensation, and in lists of prize winners that may be published or shared.
6. Tickets. The cost to purchase a Ticket for the Raffle is $100.00 (U.S. Funds only). A maximum of 500 Tickets will be sold. Each Ticket has one name designated to that ticket. Any eligible person may purchase more than one Ticket. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid Tickets sold. Tickets will not be sold after 8:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (“EST”), Friday, February 17, 2023. Any unsold tickets become the property of HSEF. Any ticket(s) purchased after the 500 limit has been reached but prior to HSEF’s removal of the online order form will be invalid and the purchaser’s payment will be refunded. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. A Ticket is not valid and shall not be entered in the Raffle until full and satisfactory payment for such Ticket is received by HSEF. Tickets are not transferable once purchased.
7. Prizes and odds of winning. A maximum of 500 tickets will be sold. Purchase a $100 raffle ticket for a chance to win one of two handcrafted Bourbon Barrels (crafted into a liquor cabinet), Old Rip Van Winkle, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 Year Lot B, GT Stagg 18, TH Handy 21, many Rural Inn Store Picks plus many more hard to find bottles! Each ticket entry will give you a chance to win one of the 100+ rare bourbon bottles. Winners will be contacted after the drawing with details on how to pick-up prizes.
8. Drawing. The drawing will be conducted via Facebook Live on February 24, 2023 at approximately 8:30 p.m. EST. The Foundation will use a random generator, random.org, to assign the winners. HSEF will maintain a list of raffle tickets drawn and winners associated with such tickets. Entrants may request a copy of the list by emailing Hamilton Southeastern Education Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. HSEF reserves the right to cancel, suspend or delay the raffle for any reason.