Town of Fishers is “UN”selfie in support of local schools
Fishers, Indiana will proclaim the first Tuesday following Thanksgiving, also known as #GivingTuesday, as Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation Day. This day of giving pairs community based philanthropy with local education to have a powerful impact on students, teachers, and schools.
Leaders with the Town of Fishers and Hamilton Southeastern Schools District have long worked in partnership to best serve the community. Foundation President, Kristi Lowell, comments “We are fortunate to not only live in an area that values education, but also to have leaders who understand the impact strong schools have on economic development, property values and crime rates.”
The specific statements of the proclamation are expected to include:
- WHEREAS, The Town of Fishers recognizes the importance of excellent education institutions available to the children in our community; and,
- WHEREAS, public schools are the linchpin, bringing together adults and children, educators and volunteers, business leaders and elected officials in a common enterprise; and
- WHEREAS, by equipping youth with practical skills and intellectual abilities, schools give them hope for, and access to a productive future for themselves and for our community; and
- WHEREAS, education employees, be they substitute educators, custodians, teachers, bus drivers, librarians, food service or administrators, work tirelessly to serve our children and communities; and
- WHEREAS, the Hamilton Southeastern Schools Foundation supports all of the above by enhancing educational opportunities, inspiring excellence and engaging the community to foster a legacy of achievement.
The public is invited to attend the Town Council meeting on Monday, November 17 at 7:00pm at Fishers Town Hall. The complete agenda for the November 17 Town Council meeting can be found here.
Step 1 – Make a donation here or through your local school.
Step 2 – Take a pic or video proclaiming why you gave. Tag #HSSFunselfie on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook on 12/2/14. Need an UNSELFIE sign? Here you go: Unselfie Sign! Not a fan of social media, but still want to make a difference? No problem! You can skip step 2 entirely or take a photo and send it into email@example.com.
Step 3 – Feel good about yourself this holiday season. Because of you, local students and local schools have improved access to a variety of academic resources from STEM and the arts to literacy and fitness.